Effective Rehearsals Techniques for Speech
Effective Rehearsals are very important before presentation. You can get struck at any point if you have not rehearsed the presentation. It’s always better to have some time to practice the presentation so that you don’t become a laughing stock and you catch good listeners. There are few tips which should be kept in mind before going for final presentation.
1) You have got the written format of your presentation. You can underline the important points. Change the case of letters where you need to stress. This will help in good rehearsal. If you have prepared the power point presentation read it and clear your concepts on mentioned points.
2) Read aloud your presentation by modulating your voice and stressing words which are important. Get familiar with the content. Don’t try to memorize the whole stuff. If you forget something in the middle you will lose your self-confidence.
3) Stand up and read aloud to practice. You will be aware of sentences which are too long. You can cut them short and practice again. If there are any words which are difficult to pronounce remove them and replace them with words over which you have command.
4) Stand up, read aloud and move – Ask your friends to sit down and listen. They will tell you your weak points.
5) Record yourself in a camera while you are giving a presentation so that you can listen to it once you have completed mock presentation. You will be aware of the loopholes. Then you can make necessary changes.
Staying within your time limit
It is very important to stay within the time limit. Once you cross the time you bore your audience and the organizers. your exceeded time limit might eat others presentation time. This spoils your reputation.
Practice, Practice, and practice. with constant practice you will be aware of the time and never cross your time limit.
Program agenda is already circulated and the audience is aware of the exact time you will speak. If you over exceed they switch off their mind and stop listening. The audience becomes noisy and sometimes go to sleep.
If you exceed your time limit organizers will never call you again.
If you need time to settle down at the new place and you are the first speaker in the event arrive early. 10 to 15 minutes early arrival will make your new environment, friendly. You can talk to your audience as they arrive at the event. This establishes a friendly reputation with your audience.
Keep your answers short and simple
Answers to audience questions should be short. Don’t take much time to answer a question because other members might be waiting for their turn.
The answer should be to the point. Don’t provide vague answers. You are answering to remove doubts not to overload them with data.
Give Answer according to the audience. If you are giving a speech to a college students answer them accordingly but your way of answering will change while you will be answering working professionals. Try to mold yourself and fit in every position.
Try to meet expectation of audience
Avoid short forms and technicals
Short forms and technicals will be understood by a small chunk of the audience rest will keep thinking about what you are talking so it’s always better to avoid them. Avoid using short forms like initials only for a word. Write the whole word in power point presentation and speak the full word. Don’t eat words.
For example, USP is unique selling proposition. There are many short forms like these. Please avoid them unless you have a specific audience which understands the short forms.